Fields of Study
Psychological and Medical Anthropology
Grants and Awards
Dr. Usula Mandel Fellowship, 2011-2012
GSRM Fellowship, 2012
Anthropology Research Grant, 2012-2013
GSRM Fellowship, 2013
• “The Experience of the Holy Spirit as Heterogenous Volition.” 20th Anthropology Honors Conference, UCLA. April 2011.
• “The Part She Played: A Charismatic Christian’s Narrative of Failure.” 2012 UCLA-UCSD Graduate Student Conference on Culture and Mind. March 2012.
• “The Phenomenological Configurations of Volition in the Use of Spiritual Gifts.” Society for Psychological Anthropology Biennial 2013 Meetings. April 2013.
• (W/ Teruko Mitsuhara) “Is it Syncretism?: The Case of Hare Christna." Society for the Anthropology of Religion 2013 Mettings. April 2013.
• "Intimate and Inaccessible: The Role of Otherness in Charismatic Perceptions of God." Anthropology and Otherness. Carleton University. November 2013.
• "Myself in Light of What You See: The Role of Others in Altering Self-Experience" Meeting of the American Anthropological Association. November 2013.
Jason Throop (chair)
B.A. Anthropology, University of California Los Angeles (2011)
M.A. Anthropology, University of California Los Angeles (2013)